Wednesday, 17 August 2016

The day I flew to Namibia...

Admittedly old news now, but on Sunday 31st July I was sat in the London Guildhall celebrating my mate's wedding. Pretty safe season birding wise, although these days the big birds seem to drop whenever (usually when I have prior commitments!). Anyway, there was news of a Purple Swamphen at Minsmere RSPB - potentially a new British bird?

To be honest, I reckon a fair few people were stung recently with the acceptance of the Chinese Pond Heron. What this meant was a more 'glass half full approach' to this bird, with little skepticism about the bird's origins from the birding fraternity - with a recent scattering of birds in France, with one recently in the extreme northwest and nine extralimital records since April, there was also decent circumstantial evidence for wild origin. Added to this, the overall bluish toned plumage meant it was of the nominate Iberian/European race too; unlike the usual escaped poliocephalus 'Grey-headed' birds.

Despite flying to Namibia early evening, I decided to dawn raid Minsmere on 1st August and look what was plonking about in the early morning haze...
Purple Swamphen Minsmere RSPB, Suffolk 1st August 2016
Nice bird, great to be up and about at one of Britain's best wildlife reserves at the crack of dawn. I had actually seen a Purple Swamphen in Britain previously - in Cumbria in 1997; it cost me an Ivory Gull (which I still needed at the time) and I must admit that the origins (and race) of this bird were never properly determined. With the new breed of BOU decision making - a combination of pseudo-science and mere opinion - I doubt it'll be more than a couple of years before this Suffolk record gets the green light. Happy days!

4 comments:

  1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY $$$
    Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
    LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Loan Amount:
    Loan Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:
    E-mail address:

    Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Hello every one, My name is Mrs sarah I live here in south africa and i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wild world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wild world,i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need of a loan of 130,000RAND to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 2 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i met the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender,REV FATHER PATRICK ELLIS, He was the savior God sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan of 130,000RAND and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact REV FATHER PATRICK ELLIS, MANCO FINANCIAL COMPANY PLC.® via mancofinancialservices@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Do you need personal or business loan without stress and fast approval? If so, please contact us. herofinancein@gmail.com

    contact us now. herofinancein@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM HERE TO SHARE A TESTIMONY!!! OF MY LOAN OFFER

    Hello Every One, My Name is Zula Mamben live in South Africa and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my son encountered a terrible accident last weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again, and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Pastor Solomon who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of R500,000.00 and i payed for my son surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is no longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender Pastor Solomon and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing Man via email:pastorsolomon342@yahoo.com and i want you all to pray for this woman for me. THANKS

    ReplyDelete